Cartridge filter systems:
The FAUDI backflush filter is suitable for the filter aid-free filtration of water-based and non-water-based cooling lubricants and oils. The backflush filter is used in machining operations such as turning, drilling and milling. The filtration capacity depends on the filter size and the filter medium. However, due to the modular design of the backwash filter, the filtration capacity can be individually adjusted from 250 l/min to 20,000 l/min.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
Machining quality through guaranteed
Low emission and constant cooling lubricant quality through predominantly closed system
Future-oriented due to easy removal of the filter surface
Several filtrate qualities can be realized with a single filter system
Backflush filters (RSF)
The backflush filter consists of the following components:
1. Filter inlet
2. Filter outlet
3. Flushing device (backflush arm)
4. Filter cartridges
5. Backflush outlet
7. Gear motor
How does a
Backflush filter work?
A backflush filter type RSF is divided into a lower dirt chamber and an upper clean chamber by a flanged, perforated insert plate sealed against the vessel wall. Several cylindrical filter cartridges are arranged on the holes (the number of cartridges depends on the application). The contaminated medium flows into the filter through the inlet flange, flows through the filter cartridges from the inside to the outside and exits again as clean medium through the outlet flange. Carried air and gas components are separated by a vent valve, while the dirt particles are retained inside the filter element. The impurities accumulate on the smooth, inner surface of the filter cartridges and form a cake. This growing dirt cake causes a continuous increase in the pressure difference between the dirty and clean sides. This pressure difference activates the self-cleaning process by backflushing by a contact manometer and a corresponding control system. For cleaning the filter cartridges, a movable backflushing arm, which is driven by an electric motor, approaches all the filter cartridges one after the other from the bottom. During the cleaning process, cleaned medium flows through a filter cartridge in the opposite direction to the filtration direction and removes the adhering impurities. These are discharged through the dirt drain. The limitation of the backflush loss is controlled by a shut-off valve in the backflush line. One filter cartridge is always being cleaned, while the other filter cartridges remain in the filtration process. The result is automatic cleaning without interrupting filtration.
The medium which has to be filtered flows through the filter cartridges from the inside to the outside. Contaminants are retained on the inside of the smooth surface, while the sharp edges and precision of the triangular profiles minimize the tendency to clog.
The filtered product flows through the filter cartridges from the outside to the inside. The nozzle effect created by the V-profile at the slit-tube filter cartridges also flushes colloidal contaminants back from the smooth filter surface.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Backflush filters (RSF)
Data and facts
Type 30: 20 µm – 3,000 µm
Type 32: 5 µm – 100 µm
Oils, machining emulsions and water
FAUDI cartridges in different versions
Filter surface area
0.8 – 9.1 m² per filter housing
References: Projects with backflush filters
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residuesFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- Robust filters for the filtration of pitchFAUDI supplies slot-type filters for the filtration of pitch for a customer in the tank and apparatus construction and general…
- An automatic filter for the filtration of nitrogenAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy dieselFiltration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Constant filtrate quality in seawater filtration with FAUDIOne of the largest producers of offshore oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil…
- Efficient filtration operation in CGO filtrationCGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- A complete filtration unit for the filtration of seawaterFAUDI supplied a complete filtration skid unit for seawater filtration for a joint venture company in the United Arab Emirates…
- Fully automatic seawater filtrationFür ein weltweit tätiges EPC-Unternehmen mit umfassender Erfahrung im Bereich Raffinerien, Gas- und petrochemische Anlagen, welches Planungs- und Bauleistungen in…
- An individual filtration system for reactor protectionTo protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.