Belt filter systems: inclined belt filters (SBF)
Inclined belt filters are ideal for cleaning low-viscosity liquids, especially coolant lubricants. Depending on the application, inclined belt filters with fibre non-wovens (Type SBF-V) or with continuous synthetic belts (Type SBF-E) are used. They are especially suitable for use in particularly close quarters or for high filtration capacities and are an ideal solution for decentralized filtration systems on the machine tool. FAUDI inclined belt filters can, of course, also be delivered as complete and fully automatic filtration systems either in steel or stainless steel, as desired. The filtration capacity depends on the filter size and the filter medium. A filtration capacity of 30 l/min to 800-1,000 l/min is possible.
how does an
Each inclined belt filter consists of a steel plate housing, equipped with a perforated plate leading diagonally upwards to the swarf conveyor. The filter aid is nonwoven or an endless belt made from plastic which is arranged in the housing. The flow velocity of the fed liquid is reduced severely in the inlet box, so that the liquid can flow calmed into the filter housing. The gravity causes the through-flow of the filter aid. Thereby, the filter aid separates the pollutants and a filter cake is formed. This filter cake retains more and more fine impurities. Step by step the formation of the filter cake reduces the discharge and the liquid level in the housing rises until the float switch actuates the feed of the filter aid. Now clean filter aid is pulled to the bottom of the perforated plate and pollutant from the filter is discharged at the same time. The liquid level falls and the feed is stopped. The operation restarts. The cleaned liquid is available again for the process.
Benefits: your advantages
at a glance
Individual filter systems
according to customer requirements
Many components available
Flexible design as desired
by the customer
Conventional or with PLC
Increased throughput capacity
Data and facts
30 µm – 100 µm
Oils, emulsions and water
Filter surface area
Max 1.4 m²
Industries: Where they are used
Application areas: how they are used
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
References: Projects with inclined belt filters
- Cooling lubricant cleaning with a vacuum filter systemFor the cleaning of cooling lubricants and the supply of machine tools in the production of components for automotive engineering,…
- Cooling lubricant filtration with a total volume of 450,000 litersFAUDI has developed a customized filtration system for our customer, a major global rolling mill manufacturer.
- Everything from a single source – Coolant filtration in a high-tech engine plantMore than 160 machine tools (application: turning, drilling, milling of crankcases for diesel and gasoline engines, medium: oil) are supplied…
- Wash water filtration in a high-tech engine plant with FAUDI AFBTo complement the largest single order ever received by FAUDI, an impressive belt filter system, FAUDI type AFB 7.5/1000 in…
- Filtration of Oil-Water-Emulsion with FAUDI Vacuum FiltersFAUDI filtration technology is in demand worldwide - The Chinese steel industry also relies on FAUDI vacuum filter systems made…
- Filtration of Grinding Oil with FAUDI Pressure Belt FiltersComplex engineering: A FAUDI pressure belt filter system in operation in Tianjin, China, for one of the largest German car…
- Filtration of oil with FAUDI Folding Belt FiltersFAUDI has designed, manufactured and delivered a folding belt filter system for the filtration of oil during the sharpening process…