Belt filters: folding belt filters (KBF)
Folding belt filters are used for the cleaning of contaminated cooling lubricants in the field of metalworking and also for the treatment of various sludges in the field of rough machining, especially aluminum, or for the treatment of grinding sludges. If cooling lubricants and grinding sludges are cleaned, they can be reused in the process over longer time periods. This contributes significantly to the protection of the environment. Further advantages are the dissipation of heat at the machining point and the optimization of the surface quality of the work pieces.
The folding belt filter can be used universally and also self-sufficiently and can be optimally adapted to the respective conditions due to its modular design. The FAUDI design allows a filter cake build-up and discharge of up to 15 cm. With the extra high filter cake, the separation efficiency of the filter is increased again. Filter surface areas of 1; 1.5; and 2.5 m² per filter are possible.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
High throughput capacity
Easy discharge of the filter cake
Short regeneration time
Possible use of different
plastic filter belts
High economic efficiency
New extremely pressure-resistant design
Good maintenance possibilities
Combination of plastic belt + filter fleece possible
Folding belt filters (KBF)
The folding belt filter consists of the following components:
1. Filter inlet
2. Filter outlet
3. Filter belt
4. Knocker shaft
5. Belt drive
6. Lower chamber
7. Flushing device
8. Discharge chute
How does a
The folding belt filter is a fully automatic cooling lubricant filter consisting of two chambers, the upper and the lower box. The upper part of the folding belt filter is the dirt chamber. The dirt chamber is divided from the clean side consisting of the lower chamber by a slotted sieve on which the filter fleece or endless belt rests.
During filtration, the contaminated cooling lubricant is conveyed from the machine tool(s) to the upper chamber of the folding belt filter in a discontinuous manner by means of filter pumps via the connecting pipelines. The contaminated medium flows through the sieve and the filter belt. Dirt particles are separated from the filter belt and a filter cake is formed. Increasingly finer dirt particles are retained by the filter cake. The cleaned liquid passes through the drain on the lower box into the clean tank and can then be made available to the machine tools again.
The regeneration of a folding belt filter is triggered depending on the processing when the preset differential pressure or a previously defined filtration time is reached. The filter pump and thus also the inflow into the folding belt filter are interrupted. The filter contents are transported by compressed air from the folding belt filter into the clean tank. After emptying the folding belt filter, the filter cake is also dried in the filter using compressed air. The filter belt with the dried dirt is then discharged through the side flaps of the filter. During this process, a beater shaft, a brush and a rinsing device ensure that the filter belt is cleaned and made available for filtration again.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Folding belt filters (KBF)
Data and facts
Up to 10 µm
Oils and processing emulsions
Optionally with filter aid or without filter aid
Belt and fleece combination, belt
References: Projects with folding belt filters
- A FAUDI filter system for the machining of castingsAt FAUDI we were honored to be selected by our customer, a worldwide known automotive manufacturing company with presence in…
- A filter system for steel machiningFor the cleaning of cooling lubricants and the supply of machine tools in the production of components for automotive engineering,…
- Filter technology for the production of gasoline and diesel enginesMore than 160 machine tools (application: turning, drilling, milling of crankcases for diesel and gasoline engines, medium: oil) are supplied…
- Wash water filtration in engine manufacturingTo complement the largest single order ever received by FAUDI, an impressive belt filter system, FAUDI type AFB 7.5/1000 in…
- Our solution for the filtration of oil-water-emulsionFAUDI filtration technology is in demand worldwide - The Chinese steel industry also relies on FAUDI vacuum filter systems made…
- Efficient filtration of grinding oilComplex engineering: A FAUDI pressure belt filter system in operation in Tianjin, China, for one of the largest German car…
- A FAUDI filter system for the supply of grinding machinesFAUDI has designed, manufactured and delivered a folding belt filter system for the filtration of oil during the sharpening process…