Automatic filters: Module filters
In downstream processes of the oil and gas industry, for example in amine processing or in processes in which crude oil is processed into finished, marketable petroleum products such as kerosene, diesel, lubricants, gasoline, etc., reliable filtration at maximum flow rates is required. Module filters with automatic backflushing offer an almost maintenance-free and high-performance solution, which regenerates reliably without the use of consumables. Guaranteeing effective regeneration with a continuous and consistently high filtration performance is a technically demanding challenge which is made possible by FAUDI modular filter systems. Due to the modular design of FAUDI’s automatic modular filter systems, not only the dimensioning of the filters can be optimally adapted to customer-specific applications, but also an effective and sustainable regeneration can be guaranteed.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
Fully automatic cleaning without interrupting filtration
High adaptability to the process due to modular design
High flexibility for modification and modernization
Filter elements with maximum active filter area to optimize flow rate and surface loading (flux rate)
Optimal and reliable regeneration due to small filter units
Durable and low maintenance
Module filters (F27/F28/F29)
The module filter consists of the following components:
1. Filter inlet
2. Filter outlet
3. Flushing (optional)
4. Backflush outlet
5. Drain (optional)
6. Vent (optional)
7. Filter module
8. Steel frame
9. Nozzles for measuring equipment
How does a module
The medium which has to be filtered passes through the header pipe and is evenly distributed to the filter modules arranged in parallel. Inside the filter modules are several cylindrical filter elements on which the medium flows from the outside to the inside. The impurities are deposited on the outer surface of the filter element and form a layer. The filtered medium then exits the filter module as a cleaned medium and flows into the outlet header pipe.
In the course of filtration, the differential pressure increases due to the growing dirt layer on the outer surface of the filter element. As soon as the specified differential pressure is reached, upstream valves isolate the filter module which is to be cleaned from the filtration process and initiate the self-cleaning process by backflushing. The remaining operative filter modules ensure continuous filtration operation.
FAUDI Module filter RSFA Type 29: Backflush with internal medium
The RSFA Type 29 uses a certain amount of filtrate (system medium) in reverse flow to regenerate the filters.
FAUDI Module filter RSFA Type 28: Backflush with external medium
If the loss of filtrate is unacceptable for cost reasons or the filtrate is critical and if the operating pressure and flow rate are too low, FAUDI’s RSFA Type 28 is the ideal solution. The operation is similar to the RSFA Type 29, but backwashing is done with an externally supplied liquid.
FAUDI Module filter RSFA Type 27: Gas assisted backflushing
The RSFA Type 27 from FAUDI uses inert gas (e.g. nitrogen gas) to support the backwashing process. The filter elements are impulsively flushed by the system medium, which has been pressurized by the inert gas, against the direction of filtration and hence effectively cleaned.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Module filters (F27/F28/F29)
Data and facts
F29: 20-100 µm, F28: 10-100 µm, F27: 3-50 µm
Amine solutions, gas oil, diesel fuels, naphtha and similar liquids in refineries
Filter cartridges made of slotted tube, mesh and sintered metal
F29/F28: 15-500 m³/h,
F27: 5-500 m³/h
References: Projects with module filters
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residuesFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- Robust filters for the filtration of pitchFAUDI supplies slot-type filters for the filtration of pitch for a customer in the tank and apparatus construction and general…
- An automatic filter for the filtration of nitrogenAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy dieselFiltration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Constant filtrate quality in seawater filtration with FAUDIOne of the largest producers of offshore oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil…
- Efficient filtration operation in CGO filtrationCGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- A complete filtration unit for the filtration of seawaterFAUDI supplied a complete filtration skid unit for seawater filtration for a joint venture company in the United Arab Emirates…
- Fully automatic seawater filtrationFür ein weltweit tätiges EPC-Unternehmen mit umfassender Erfahrung im Bereich Raffinerien, Gas- und petrochemische Anlagen, welches Planungs- und Bauleistungen in…
- An individual filtration system for reactor protectionTo protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.