Cartridge filter systems: regenerable microfilters (rmf)
The patented FAUDI regenerable microfilters are used primarily for cleaning contaminated coolant lubricants from grinding processes. Especially, they are used in the area of ultra-fine processing of metal surfaces. Cleaned coolant lubricants can be used over longer periods of time, they improve the surface quality of parts and extend the service life of tools and machines. Whenever high demands are made on the degree of purity for the coolant lubricant used, FAUDI’s regenerable microfilter technology is just right.
how does a
regenerable microfilter work?
The core of the process is a complex filter cartridge with a very high dirt-holding capacity that can be completely cleaned by back-washing. No filter aid is needed in the process. The flow passes through the filter cartridge from the outside to the inside. At the beginning of the filter cycle, particles penetrate the outermost layer of the filter cartridge. However, a so-called filter cake is quickly built up on the outer surface of the filter cartridge, which takes over the filtration. When the maximum permissible differential pressure between the dirty and clean sides is reached, regeneration is activated. The filtration process is interrupted. The filtrate section above the intermediate plate is pressurized with compressed air. The filter housing is then abruptly emptied. The compressed air/filtrate mixture from the filtrate section is forced through the filter cartridge at high speed in the reverse direction. This removes even the finest deposited particles from the filter cartridge. The concentrate is emptied. The filter housing is then filled from the dirt tank. The filtration is continued.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
Filtration without a filter aid
Can be used for different
Especially economical for
large volumetric flow rates
Long service life
Compact design possible
DATA AND FACTS
5 µm – 10 µm
Patented FAUDI filter
Filter surface area
2.5 – 73 m² per filter
Industries: WHERE THEY ARE used
Application areas: how THEY ARE USED
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
References: PROJECTS WITH REGENERABLE MICROFILTERS
- Cooling lubricant filtration with a total volume of 450,000 litersFAUDI has developed a customized filtration system for our customer, a major global rolling mill manufacturer.
- Everything from a single source – Coolant filtration in a high-tech engine plantMore than 160 machine tools (application: turning, drilling, milling of crankcases for diesel and gasoline engines, medium: oil) are supplied…
- Oil filtration with FAUDI backflush filtersOur customer, a world-renowned supplier to the automotive industry, uses FAUDI backflush filters for cooling lubricant filtration at its site…
- Filtration of oil with FAUDI Regenerable MicrofiltersFAUDI's patented regenerable microfilters at a German manufacturer of transmissions and transmission components for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
- Precoat filtration for mozzarella brineFor a customer in mozzarella production, FAUDI has developed an individual solution according to the customers requirements. Precoat filtration is…
- Filtration of Grinding Oil with FAUDI Precoat FiltersEiner der 20 größten Automobilzulieferer der Welt vertraut auf FAUDI Anschwemmfilter.