Automatic filters: slot-type filters
Many procedural processes are governed by extreme process conditions, such as high temperatures or extreme requirements. These can be the handling of highly viscous media and adhering contaminants. Such conditions represent a major challenge for automatic filtration operations, which require a particularly resistant and robust solution. The FAUDI automatic filter series of slot-type filters offers a variety of modular solution possibilities which, in addition to a robust design, promise automatic cleaning without interrupting the filtration flow. We are able to complement our standard sizes in welded construction as needed with project-specific products using the ideal materials, cover sealing systems and controls – all tailored to your use case or the customer specifications, standards and norms required.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
Select from manual, semi or fully automatic cleaning
Continuous operation, no interruption
of filtering during cleaning
Optional versions with additional
brushes and flushing nozzles
Robust filtration solution
Diverse application possibilities
Also suitable for highly viscous media, high temperatures and pressures
The slot-type filter consists of the following components:
1. Filter inlet
2. Filter outlet
3. Gear motor
4. Discharge outlet
5. Maintenance opening
7. Heating coil (optional)
How does a
slot-Type filter work?
The medium which has to be filtered enters the dirt chamber through an inlet connection, flows through the slotted tube filter element from the outside to the inside and exits cleaned through the outlet connection. Carried contaminants whose particle size is above the specified gap width are retained on the smooth surface of the filter element. The dirt particles on the filter element increase the differential pressure between the dirty and clean sides. When the differential pressure is reached, which is set as the cleaning time, or after a time interval has elapsed, the rotation of the filter element (which can be manual or automatic) strips the dirt layer from the smooth surface of the slot-type tube via sharp-edged and spring-loaded cleaning devices. The cleaning process can be additionally supported by brushes and rinsing devices. The detached dirt sinks into the collection chamber and, depending on the quantity, can be discharged via the discharge nozzle in the lower tank area.
In the case of fully automatically operated slot-type filters, the filter is equipped with an electric geared motor and a driven drain valve. However, FAUDI slot type filters are also available as semi-automatic or manual versions.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Slot-type filters (T84/T87/T88)
Data and facts:
30 µm – 5,000 µm
Water, oils, chemicals, paints, coatings, juices, rapeseed oil, whey, frying oil
Depending on filter size, filter fineness and medium
References: Projects with slot-type filters
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residuesFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- Robust filters for the filtration of pitchFAUDI supplies slot-type filters for the filtration of pitch for a customer in the tank and apparatus construction and general…
- An automatic filter for the filtration of nitrogenAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy dieselFiltration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Constant filtrate quality in seawater filtration with FAUDIOne of the largest producers of offshore oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil…
- Efficient filtration operation in CGO filtrationCGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- A complete filtration unit for the filtration of seawaterFAUDI supplied a complete filtration skid unit for seawater filtration for a joint venture company in the United Arab Emirates…
- Fully automatic seawater filtrationFür ein weltweit tätiges EPC-Unternehmen mit umfassender Erfahrung im Bereich Raffinerien, Gas- und petrochemische Anlagen, welches Planungs- und Bauleistungen in…
- An individual filtration system for reactor protectionTo protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.