Cartridge filter systems: Precoat filters
(AS, AST, ASG)
Where is a precoat filter actually used? In the machining of metallic surfaces, cooling lubricants are used for cooling, lubrication and flushing. In order to protect the environment, the contaminated cooling lubricants, such as oils or machining emulsions, are not disposed of, but are cleaned with the help of precoat filter systems in order to make them available to the process again with an appropriate degree of purity and to integrate them into the cycle over long periods of time.
Precoat filters are often used in grinding and honing processes, in finishing, lapping, eroding, pressing and rolling as well as in ultra-fine filtration.
Precoat filter with wet discharge, Type AS
Conventional precoat filtration with wet discharge; the sludge treatment and drying takes place in secondary filters.
Precoat filter with dry discharge, Type AST
One advantage over conventional precoat filtration is the low space requirement, as no additional secondary sludge treatment is necessary. Sludge treatment and drying takes place directly in the precoat filter on the filter cartridges with subsequent dry filter cake discharge.
Electroplating precoat filter, Type ASG
Type ASG precoat filters are ideal for cleaning electroplating baths (acid baths), treatment of salt solutions, electrochemical processing and the treatment of other aggressive media as well as for ultra-fine filtration.
how does a
The FAUDI precoat filter consists of a pressure vessel and is divided into a dirty and clean part by an intermediate plate in which the filter elements are installed. The dirty medium is filtered through the filter elements, whereby the flow through the filter elements is from the outside to the inside. However, before the actual filtration of the contaminated medium begins, the filter elements must be precoated with filter aid. During the so-called precoating process, the filter aid is deposited on the filter elements and forms a precoat layer, which ultimately constitutes the filtration fineness. Depending on the filter aid used and the dirt content of the medium to be filtered, filter fineness between 3 and 10 µm can be achieved. After the precoating process, the actual filtration starts automatically. When the maximum filtration time is reached, the filter elements are completely cleaned by an automatic backwash and are available for a new cycle.
The filter pump takes the dissolved mixture of filter aid and clean medium from the precoat tank and applies it to the filter cartridge. The mixture flows through the filter cartridges from the outside to the inside. This precoating process is carried out until a sufficient layer of filter aid has built up on the cartridge.
During filtration, the contaminated medium is taken from the dirt tank after the precoating process, applied to the filter elements and flows through from the outside to the inside. During the filter cycle, the dirt particles accumulate on the precoat layer.
When the maximum differential pressure between the dirty and clean sides of the filter is reached or a preset filtration time is reached, automatic regeneration or backwashing is initiated.
Benefits: YOUR ADVANTAGES
AT A GLANCE
Can be used for different
Compact and durable
Especially economical for
large volumetric flow rates
Flexible operation, adaptable to
different operating conditions
Long service life
Data and Facts
Up to 3 µm
Oils, machining emulsion,
FAUDI cartridges in plastic
and stainless steel
Filter surface area
1.5 – 85 m²
(per filter dome)
Industries: Where they are used
Application areas: how they are used
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
References: Projects with precoat filters
- Cooling lubricant filtration with a total volume of 450,000 litersFAUDI has developed a customized filtration system for our customer, a major global rolling mill manufacturer.
- Everything from a single source – Coolant filtration in a high-tech engine plantMore than 160 machine tools (application: turning, drilling, milling of crankcases for diesel and gasoline engines, medium: oil) are supplied…
- Oil filtration with FAUDI backflush filtersOur customer, a world-renowned supplier to the automotive industry, uses FAUDI backflush filters for cooling lubricant filtration at its site…
- Filtration of oil with FAUDI Regenerable MicrofiltersFAUDI's patented regenerable microfilters at a German manufacturer of transmissions and transmission components for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
- Precoat filtration for mozzarella brineFor a customer in mozzarella production, FAUDI has developed an individual solution according to the customers requirements. Precoat filtration is…
- Filtration of Grinding Oil with FAUDI Precoat FiltersEiner der 20 größten Automobilzulieferer der Welt vertraut auf FAUDI Anschwemmfilter.