Magnetic separators: Magnetic rod separators
(MSA 2000 – MSA 6500)
Automatic magnetic rod separators are used for separating ferritic contaminants and chips in liquids. Typical areas of application are for cold rolling, processing steel and cast iron as well as cleaning sinter water. Our automatic magnetic rod separators are used as a pre-cleaning stage in filter systems with high demands for filtration quality. This relieves the burden on the downstream ultra-fine filter and increases its service life while reducing the consumption of filter aids. For low filtration quality requirements, FAUDI magnetic rod separators can also be used without additional filter technology. They can be installed either in the primary or the secondary flow. When designing the magnetic rod separators, FAUDI placed special emphasis on an optimal ratio between the diameter and the spacing of the magnetic rods. This ensures the best possible exploitation of the magnetic field. As a result, an essentially “closed” magnetic field, or a “chain curtain” is created. FAUDI magnetic rod separators have fewer magnetic rods than comparable products made by competitors. Extensive laboratory tests confirm that FAUDI magnetic rods are more powerful and operate more efficiently and thus the use of fewer magnetic rods in the magnetic rod separator makes more economic sense. Thus, FAUDI magnetic rod separators are particularly distinguished by their stand-alone functions with large filtration capacities ranging from 2,000 to 6,500 l/min.
Benefits: YOUR ADVANTAGES
AT A GLANCE
mechanical cleansing system
Low energy requirements
Larger magnetic rod diameter
Low number of magnet rods
Magnetic rod separators (MSA 2000 – MSA 6500)
The magnetic rod separator consists of the following components:
3. Screw conveyor
4. Cleaning device
6. Sludge discharge
7. Rotating magnetic rod system
8. Maintenance platform with ladder (optional)
how does a
Mode of operation
of the system
The separator works pressureless and continuously. Contaminated liquid is led over the inlet to the magnetic rod separator. The flow distributor within the magnetic separator causes a regular and guided flow of the liquid. The liquid flows precisely from bottom to top passing the magnetic rods. The magnetic rods extract the ferritic impurities and discharge these impurities and other adhering materials from the liquid. Cleaned liquid discharges at the outlet from the magnetic rod separator.
Mode of operation of
the cleaning device
1. A dirt loaded magnetic rod drives into the scraper area.
2. The scraper is led to the magnetic rod.
3. The scraper slides spring-loaded along the magnetic rod and wipes the existing impurities.
4. The wiped sludge falls into a trough.
5. From there, the sludge is discharged by a screw conveyor into the sludge box.
6. After the scraper has wiped the magnetic rod it will be redirected and returns.
7. In the meantime, a new dirt loaded magnetic rod will be driven into the scraper area and the next cycle begins.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Magnetic rod separatorsMSA 2000/MSA 3500/MSA 5000/MSA 6500:
Data and Facts
Flow rate in l/min
2,000; 3,500; 5,000; 6,500
Filling quantity in l
3,250; 5,400; 8,500; 10,950
No. of magnetic rods (pcs.)
75; 106; 137; 168
Diameter of magnetic rods
References: Projects with rod separators
- Cleaning of rolling emulsionIn this project we supplied three magnetic rod separators as automatic, continuous and pressureless cleaning systems for rolling emulsion.
- Cooling lubricant filter system for the production of higher strength steelsFAUDI has developed a customized filtration system for our customer, a major global rolling mill manufacturer.
- Robust filter technology in the steel rolling processOne of the largest rolling mills in China relies on FAUDI magnetic rod separators. FAUDI also supplied a vacuum filter…