Gravity belt filters (AFB)
Automatic gravity belt filters are wide applicable and used for the cleaning of liquids. They are excellent for separating solids from low-viscosity liquids. This means that the cleaned liquids can be used for longer periods of time, which has a positive effect on the environment and operating costs. Depending on the area of application, FAUDI gravity belt filters are available in steel or stainless steel. In the mineral, mining and metalworking industries, e.g. grinding, turning, milling, the steel version of the gravity belt filter is very widespread. The stainless steel version of the gravity belt filter, on the other hand, is used in the chemical industry for the filtration of e.g. plastic granulate, in the pharmaceutical industry, the food industry and environmental technology (e.g. wastewater) or also for the use of deionised water or in degreasing and depainting bathes. Gravity belt filters are especially suited for close quarters or for supplying individual machines. Of course, they can also be delivered as complete and fully automatic filtration systems. The filtration capacity depends on the filter size and the filter medium. It can range from 30 l/min to 1,500 l/min.
at a glance
The vast range of options allows special customer requirements to be met flexibly. For example, FAUDI belt filters can be installed on top of existing tanks and are offered as a complete system with tanks, pumps, heating, cooling and control system – conventional or with PLC.
Gravity belt filters (AFB)
The gravity belt filter consists of the following components:
2. Nonwoven (roll)
3. Filter inlet
4. Float switch
5. Sludge box
6. Drive engine
a gravity belt
The automatic belt filter consists of a steel resp. stainless steel frame in which an endless wire mesh belt is led. This wire mesh belt is carried over a drive roller and a return roller with low wear and forms a deep filter trough together with the non-woven fabric. The contaminated liquid flows calmed over an inlet tray or an inlet box with guide plates into this filter trough. Due to the gravity the liquid flows through the non-woven fabric. During this process the non-woven fabric separates impurities and a filter cake is formed. This filter cake retains more and more fine impurities and reduces the discharge bit by bit. The liquid level in the filter trough rises until the float switch actuates the feed of the non-woven fabric. The contaminated non-woven fabric is fed forward and carried out into the sludge box. At the same time, clean non-woven fabric is pulled from the fabric roll and led into the filter trough, the liquid level falls and the feed of the fabric roll is stopped. The operation restarts. The cleaned liquid is available again for the process.
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
Gravity belt filters (AFB-ST/AFB-EST)
Data and facts
20 – 30 µm
Liquids in the chemical industry, aqueous media, oils and emulsions
Filter surface area
0.3 – 11.0 m²
References: Projects with gravity belt filters
- A FAUDI filter system for the machining of castingsAt FAUDI we were honored to be selected by our customer, a worldwide known automotive manufacturing company with presence in…
- A filter system for steel machiningFor the cleaning of cooling lubricants and the supply of machine tools in the production of components for automotive engineering,…
- Filter technology for the production of gasoline and diesel enginesMore than 160 machine tools (application: turning, drilling, milling of crankcases for diesel and gasoline engines, medium: oil) are supplied…
- Wash water filtration in engine manufacturingTo complement the largest single order ever received by FAUDI, an impressive belt filter system, FAUDI type AFB 7.5/1000 in…
- Our solution for the filtration of oil-water-emulsionFAUDI filtration technology is in demand worldwide - The Chinese steel industry also relies on FAUDI vacuum filter systems made…
- Efficient filtration of grinding oilComplex engineering: A FAUDI pressure belt filter system in operation in Tianjin, China, for one of the largest German car…
- A FAUDI filter system for the supply of grinding machinesFAUDI has designed, manufactured and delivered a folding belt filter system for the filtration of oil during the sharpening process…