An individual filtration
system for reactor protection
Refineries, oil and gas industry
A filtration system for reactor protection was installed at a refinery in Pancevo to optimize filtration processes and protect downstream reactors. Our customer, a major player in the oil and gas industry in Serbia, operates the refinery. As an important part of the oil refining process in the region, it was crucial for them to maintain the quality of their products and meet the filtration requirements.
The filtration task
A FILTRATION SYSTEM
FOR REACTOR PROTECTION
The challenge was to treat vacuum gas oil (VGO), heavy gas oil (HGO) and heavy coker gas oil (HVGO) with a filtration fineness of 20 micron while ensuring that downstream reactors are protected from contamination.
Type of filter
Module filter type F29
Vacuum Gas Oil (VGO), Heavy Gas Oil (HGO), Heavy Coker Gas Oil (HVGO)
Slotted tube filter elements
up to 26 bar (g)
up to 250 °C
find the perfect
We will be happy to consult you and offer you customized filtration technologies for your filtration task.
Our solution in detail
FAUDI module filter system type F29
Our team of filtration experts developed and implemented a filtration system for reactor protection based on the proven modular filter system type F29, using parallel-connected backwashable cartridge filters grouped within modular filter banks. The heart of each filter is the filter insert with several cylindrical slotted tube filter elements.
In order to achieve the best possible cleaning efficiency even with low pressure differences and limited fluid volumes during backwashing, a flow distributor was additionally installed inside each individual cartridge to optimally distribute the backflush volume flow over the complete cartridge length.
Are you also interested in a customized modular filter system?
Advantages with the Faudi solution
Extended service life
Due to their design, slotted tube elements are extremely robust and durable filter media that also have good backwashing properties. This makes them a sustainable solution for our customer.
The smart modular design of the system not only eliminates transport and handling problems, but also allows additional filter units to be added during later operation for the purpose of capacity expansion.
Our modular filter system ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation with a filtration fineness of 20 micron, which improves product quality and refinery process performance.
what our customers say
“Not only national and international regulations were applied and combined, but also our specific requirements were always taken into account. FAUDI supplied us not just with the filter, but with the entire plant construction including instrumentation, measurement & control technology, as well as control system. In this way, we received everything from a single source, which was very satisfying for us.”
Our filtration system for reactor protection.
You might also be interested in
- Customised filters for unloading tank wagonsOil reaches the refineries through the unloading of tank wagons. However, the dirt is also transported into the pipework by…
- KLIMAKRAFT research project: treatment of sump waterDas X-Energy Impulsprojekt KLIMAKRAFT der HAW Hamburg ist ein wegweisendes Forschungsvorhaben, das sich dem Klimaschutz und der Zukunft der Mobilität…
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residuesFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- A solution for the separation of liquid phasesFor the separation of liquid phases FAUDI supplied a complete process water coalescer package for an oil refinery in Oman.
- A solution for the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbonsThe filtration task of this project involves the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbons.
- An intelligent solution for amine washAmine washing with the FAUDI Amine Filtration System is a best practice to reduce loadings and achieve stable operation.
- An automatic filter for the filtration of nitrogenAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy dieselFiltration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Efficient filtration operation in CGO filtrationCGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- Filtration of sour water – a solution for refineriesIn this project, our FAUDI sieve basket filters are used in a refinery (in Germany) for the filtration of sour…
- An individual filtration system for reactor protectionTo protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.
We will be happy to consult you
Together we will find a perfect solution for your filtration task.