Filtration of highly viscous
Refineries, oil and gas industry
Our client, a northern German refinery, is facing the challenge of handling highly viscous refinery residues, specifically focused on the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues. This company specializes in the production of various oil products and required an efficient solution for removing solids larger than 0.25 mm from a residual medium.
The filtration task
Filtration of highly
In a refinery in northern Germany, this filter system should be used to remove solids larger than 0.25 mm from a residue medium. Due to the high viscosity of the medium when it is cold, it is necessary to provide the filter with a heating jacket to ensure the viscosity of the medium.
Filter system for highly viscous refinery residues
Type of filter
with heating jacket type 85.271.03
Find the perfect
We will be happy to advise you and offer customized filtration technology for your filtration task.
Our solution in detail
with heating jacket type 85.271.03
We have designed a special filtration solution: A slot-type filter with an integrated heating jacket. This type of filter has already been successfully used in a similar installation in the refinery.
Here’s how the filter operates: The heating jacket warms the highly viscous medium to make it flowable. The slot-type filter is monitored and activated when it becomes contaminated. A geared motor rotates the filter element, and an integrated scraping device removes impurities from the surface of the gap tube. These impurities settle in the lower housing area and can be discharged through an outlet valve. This operating principle allows for safe access to the filter for cleaning purposes without emptying the filter or cooling the housing.
Are you also interested in a customized slot-type filter?
Advantages with the FAUDI solution
Minimization of downtimes
Thanks to the slot-type filter solution, the downtimes of the entire plant are minimized during the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues.
Higher economic efficiency
Efficient filtration contributes to the overall profitability of the plant by enabling smooth operation and lower maintenance costs.
Efficient filtration of highly viscous refinery residues helps reduce waste and environmental impact.
What our customers say
“FAUDI’s customized filtration solution not only successfully solved the viscosity challenges of our media, but also helped to maximize the operational efficiency of our plant and increase overall cost-effectiveness.”
Filtration of highly viscous refinery residues with FAUDI slot-type filters.
You might also be interested in
- KLIMAKRAFT research project: treatment of sump waterDas X-Energy Impulsprojekt KLIMAKRAFT der HAW Hamburg ist ein wegweisendes Forschungsvorhaben, das sich dem Klimaschutz und der Zukunft der Mobilität…
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residuesFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- A solution for the separation of liquid phasesFor the separation of liquid phases FAUDI supplied a complete process water coalescer package for an oil refinery in Oman.
- A solution for the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbonsThe filtration task of this project involves the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbons.
- An intelligent solution for amine washAmine washing with the FAUDI Amine Filtration System is a best practice to reduce loadings and achieve stable operation.
- An automatic filter for the filtration of nitrogenAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy dieselFiltration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Efficient filtration operation in CGO filtrationCGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- Filtration of sour water – a solution for refineriesIn this project, our FAUDI sieve basket filters are used in a refinery (in Germany) for the filtration of sour…
- An individual filtration system for reactor protectionTo protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.
We will be glad to consult you
Together we will find the perfect solution for your filtration task.