Automatic filters: Jet Pulse filters (f35)
Jet pulse filters are used for air & gas purification, dust collection and product separation in numerous applications at various industries. These include the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, petrochemicals, energy production, and waste recycling and processing. In this context, the use of jet pulse filters in the filtration of synthesis gas as part of waste gasification processes is particularly noteworthy. The form of cleaning used with these filters is jet-pulse cleaning, an intense blast of compressed air or intergas that abruptly cleans the individual filter cartridges or cartridge registers while the remaining filter cartridges stay in filtration mode. With differential pressuremonitoring and control, jet pulse filters operate continuously with automatic cleaning.
The dimensioning of FAUDI jet pulse filter systems is project-related and thus matched to your application, for example design, adapted dimensions and materials as well as customer specifications.
How does a Jet Pulse
FAUDI jet pulse filters are equipped with filter bags made of synthetic fibres. In hot gas filtration (up to 600 °C) or for resistance requirements, filter cartridges made of sintered metals or metallic wire cloth are being used. In filter operation, the filter bags are flown through at a very slow speed from the outside to the inside. The solid particles are retained on the surface of the filter medium, or rather of the filter cake deposited on it. The purified gas flows out of the filter bag at the top. When a defined differential pressure is reached, the cleaning process will be initiated. With the aid of solenoid valves, intensive pressure surges with a cleaning gas (usually nitrogen) are selectively delivered from a receiver tank to the inside of the filter bags via registers and nozzles arranged above the filter bags. Due to the reversal of the flow direction (now from the inside to the outside) and the slight inflation of the filter bags, the filter cake lying on top is detached and the dust particles sediment into the lower collection space of the filter container. This cleaning process can be carried out without interrupting the filtration process, thus enabling a continuous production process.
Benefits: Your advantages
at a glance
Exceptional cleaning performance of the filter elements due to the capacity for individual back blowing of the filter elements
Puls timing either electrical or pneumatic
Design for high process temperatures available
Minimum filter differential pressure
Data and facts
0.5 µm – 100 µm
Process gases, syngas, hexanes, nitrogen
Filter bags, filter cloth, sintered metal cartridges
50 Am³/h – 10,000 Am³/h
Application areas: How they are used
Start into your next
PROJECT WITH US now
We are your contact for engineering, piping design as well as monitoring and control.
References: Projects with jet pulse filters
- Treatment of amine solution with FAUDI activated charcoal adsorbersAmine washing with the FAUDI Amine Filtration System is a best practice to reduce loadings and achieve stable operation.
- Filtration of nitrogen with FAUDI Jet-Pulse filtersAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of Light and Heavy Diesel with FAUDI Module Filters Type F28Filtration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- CGO filtration with faudi module filters type F27CGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- Filtration of sour water with FAUDI sieve basket filters type S21In this project, our FAUDI sieve basket filters are used in a refinery (in Germany) for the filtration of sour…