Reliable filtration for downstream refining
For long equipment life and a clean production process
Filtration tasks in the downstream area of oil and gas production are just as wide-ranging as in the upstream area. In downstream filtration, contaminants must be removed as far as possible to ensure clean feed lines and consequently a long service life of the main plants. Tasks in this area include biogas filtration, amine cleaning or sour gas removal, hydrogen treatment and liquid-gas separation. FAUDI offers filtration or separation solutions for all these processes, which can be individually adapted to your application.
Your benefits with FAUDI
This is what our filter systems can do for you in downstream filtration
Our filtration solutions installed downstream of the extraction process help to extend the service life of plants and reduce emissions – for example, by removing acid gases and sulfur. This is beneficial for your business and protects the environment.
By means of filtration, you achieve longer service life of your equipment and high quality of your products and avoid downtimes. This pays off economically – in the short and long term.
Our high-quality filter systems are reliable and ensure that your production process runs smoothly and that your company meets quality and environmental standards. In addition, our solutions are customizable to your needs.
Are you looking for the best filter solutions?
We will be glad to support you in selecting the most effective filter systems for your gas and oil production – whether in downstream filtration or in upstream processes.
Downstream filtration processes
Filtration and separation in the downstream area ensures the quality of the oil or gas in a wide variety of processing operations and ensures that supply lines and main plants are protected. The areas of application for filter systems and separators are numerous.
One downstream task is hydroprocessing. The higher-level process term includes various catalytic processes. Examples include hydrocracking and hydrotreating (also called hydrodesulfurization), which remove sulfur, nitrogen, oxygen and metals from fuels. These processes are particularly important when low sulfur fuels need to be produced. Easily adaptable, automatically cleanable modular filter systems are suitable for filtration in these processes.
Further tasks arise in biogas production. Biogas consists mainly of methane and carbon dioxide, but also impurities and moisture. To optimize biogas production and remove unwanted impurities, filtration and liquid separation are essential in the production process. Here, among other things, sieve cylinder filters and coalescers are used.
In amine cleaning and acid gas removal, so-called Acid Gas Removal Units (AGRU) are applied to ensure consistently high refinery fuel gas quality and low refinery emissions, in addition to removing particles and acid gases. Activated charcoal adsorbers and cartridge filters are used in this process.
In addition, there are tasks of liquid gas separation, for which coalescers are particularly suitable, as well as for refinery end products, which achieve a high quality before storage and transport by means of slot-type filters.
Our solutions for downstream filtration of oil and gas
Fields of application: OUR SERVICES FOR THE
Amine systems for refineries
Solutions for refinery end products
Hydroprocessing in refineries
Examples of use: PROJECTS IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- Filtration of highly viscous refinery residues under special operating conditionsFor the filtration of highly viscous refinery residues, FAUDI has designed a solution that can be used under special conditions:…
- Sieve Cylinder Filters for the Filtration of Bio OilFor the filtration of bio-oil, FAUDI developed sieve cylinder filters with a pleated mesh in one of the largest refineries…
- FAUDI coalescer for the separation of liquid phasesFor the separation of liquid phases FAUDI supplied a complete process water coalescer package for an oil refinery in Oman.
- Gas separator for the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbonsThe filtration task of this project involves the separation of gas bubbles from hydrocarbons.
- Treatment of amine solution with FAUDI activated charcoal adsorbersAmine washing with the FAUDI Amine Filtration System is a best practice to reduce loadings and achieve stable operation.
- Nitrogen filtration with FAUDI Strainers Type S9In this project, we developed a solution for our customer's pipeline network specifically according to their requirements: An idividual production…
- Slot-type filter for the filtration of pitchFAUDI supplies slot-type filters for the filtration of pitch for a customer in the tank and apparatus construction and general…
- Filtration of nitrogen with FAUDI Jet-Pulse filtersAn Indian petroleum company based in New Delhi uses Jet Pulse filters for the filtration of nitrogen.
- Filtration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28Filtration of light and heavy diesel with FAUDI module filters type F28 - Fully automatic continuous process - Compact design…
- Seawater filtration with FAUDIOne of the largest producers of offshore oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil…
- CGO filtration with FAUDI module filters type F27CGO (Coker Gas Oil) filtration with a FAUDI modular filter system type F27 for efficient protection of dirt-sensitive catalyst beds.
- Filtration of sour water with FAUDI sieve basket filters type S21In this project, our FAUDI sieve basket filters are used in a refinery (in Germany) for the filtration of sour…
- Filtration of propene with FAUDI sieve basket filtersFor the filtration of propene, FAUDI designed screen basket filters according to the customer's specific requirements and specifications.
- A complete filtration unit for the filtration of seawater in offshore Abu DhabiFAUDI supplied a complete filtration skid unit for seawater filtration for a joint venture company in the United Arab Emirates…
- Seawater filtration in South KoreaFür ein weltweit tätiges EPC-Unternehmen mit umfassender Erfahrung im Bereich Raffinerien, Gas- und petrochemische Anlagen, welches Planungs- und Bauleistungen in…
- HCGO Filtration with FAUDI module filters type F29To protect downstream reactors, a FAUDI modular filter system type F29 ensures continuous and fully automatic filtration operation.
START YOUR FILTRATION PROJECT
WITH US NOW
We will be glad to recommend you which of our filter solutions for oil and gas will bring your project forward.